Airport Hotel Travel
- Holiday Inn Select – University Center
100 Lytton Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
- Reservations: call 1-800-864-8287 or book online. Please mention “RIRIS 09″ when making your reservation to ensure that you receive the group rate. The deadline for receiving the rate is August 24, 2009.
- The hotel has shuttle service that runs every 15 minutes – to get to the workshop, ask them to take you to Hamburg Hall on Forbes Street.
- For travel-related questions, please contact Karen Widmaier, krw at andrew.cmu.edu.
Airport – Hotel Travel
• The Pittsburgh International Airport is 22 miles (approximately 45 minutes driving time) from the Carnegie Mellon campus and Holiday Inn Select hotel.
• By bus: route 28X [schedule] will take you from the airport to the University of Pittsburgh campus, from where the Holiday Inn Select is within walking distance. You can use Google Transit to plan the trip (search for “Pittsburgh International Airport to Holiday Inn University Center, Pittsburgh” and select “By public transit” option).
• By taxi: the average taxi fare from the airport to campus is about $45. We recommend that you arrange a pick up from the Yellow Cab (412-665-8100), Peoples Cab (412-681-3131) or Checker Cab (412-381-5600).
• Driving: the East Campus Parking Garage (#P7 on the campus map, top right corner) is a pay-as-you-park facility. When entering the garage, pull the ticket from the entry station. Park wherever you can find an empty space. Remember to take your ticket with you before exiting the garage. When leaving, go to one of the pay stations located inside the garage